Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Beauty of Black Women to Be Featured in Upcoming Book

Paul Phillips, a Harlem photographer, will be creating "Beauty in Black."  

In the coffee table book, he hopes to celebrate the beauty and tenacity of Black women in America.  
 
Phillips says he wants to photograph Black women from all walks of life, of different shapes, and of diverse shades.  In order to accomplish this, he will travel through out United States.

“I really want young girls to have a book they can go to and say 'This is what beauty is,' rather than having other people define it for them,” he said.  “I was raised by a strong black woman and I’m married to a strong black woman. So when I hear discouraging things about black women it disturbs me because I know they are wrong."     

We look forward to seeing how the project advances.