Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Grammys and Twitter Recep: Fans Say "Chris Brown can beat me"

Chris Brown performed twice on last night's Grammy awards show.  He also won the Grammy for Best R&B album for "F.A.M.E."  [It's supposed to stand for Forgive All My Enemies - see below for my stance on forgiveness.]

But let's not forget about another type of fame from a few years ago.  In his acceptance speech, Brown even thought to thank his fans who stuck with him after his well-publicized beating of ex-girlfriend, Rihanna.

I'm not quite sure if his performances were any good because as soon as he came onto the screen, I turned away.  No beaters are allowed in my personal life or on my television.  I wondered why the Grammy organizers couldn't find any other less violent performers.  

[I mean, there's a reason why R. Kelly doesn't get booked on major awards shows anymore - because we still don't forgive him.  Okay, maybe that's not the reason but that's how it works in my mind.]

Apparently, some of Brown's Twitter fans seem not to see his beatings as a bad thing and many of them claim to welcome it.  That's right. 

As not to call these female fans insensitive, misguided, or just-plain ignorant, you can judge for yourself.  These girls need some serious help because domestic violence is NOT LOL-worthy.  #womanbeater - Really?  An 'honor' if Chris Brown hits them?  

I hope that if these ladies ever do have an experience with domestic violence [if they have not already], they are not so forgiving.  Let's work to break the cycle and not make light of it.  While it is not okay to blame the victim, let the rest of us continue to NOT forgive and NOT forget. Join us in our Two Person Boycott. 




I'd let Chris Brown beat me up anytime ;) #womanbeater

Chris brown can beat me any dayyyyy damn he's so sexy
I know Rihanna didn't like it much, but Chris brown you can punch me in the face all you want. #sorrynotsorry #sexy
Chris Brown u can punch me in the face any time u want!!!! #facialsweats
RT : RT : Any girl that hates on Chris Brown is stupid. Do you realize that it would be an honour if he hit you?
chris brown your sexy you can punch me in the face anyday #imkindanotkidding
I just want Chris Brown To Be My Boyf he can beat me all he want lol
chris brown looks soo hot with blonde hair! he can beat me any day